quinta-feira, 18 de abril de 2013

Phrasal Verb - Fix up


Hoje apresento a vocês mais uma postagem sobre phrasal verbs. Nesse artigo vou comentar sobre Fix up. Em primeiro lugar, veja algumas situações desse phrasal em uso:

He fixed me up with his niece from the countryside.

My dad fixed up the basement.

If you need anything else, Mark can fix you up.

The church's band is going to fix up a rehearsal on Saturday night.

Nas frases acima, procurei apresentar os principais usos de fix up. Na primeira frase, fix up tem o sentido de arranjar um encontro para duas pessoas, principalmente para que elas possam se envolver em um relacionamento amoroso. Veja mais algumas frases com esse uso:

Jack wants to fix her sister up with my brother Kenny.

I thought it was a good idea to fix your daughter up with my son.

Why don’t you fix me up with your friend Jane?

Na segunda frase vemos outro uso para esse phrasal verb, ele é empregado para passar a ideia de reparar, consertar ou decorar algo.

My dad fixed up the basement.

I’m fixing up the house, because some friends are coming for the weekend.

My father fixed up my sister’s room.

I had my old couch fixed up.

No terceiro exemplo, é usado com o sentido de fornecer algo a alguém.

John is going to fix his guests up with a place to spend the night.

The owner of the store fixed the boy up with a job.

I can fix you up with a place for the weekend.

I was doing a college research, so the professor fixed me up with a lot of books.

Por fim, fix up também pode ser utilizado para descrever sobre preparativos para uma reunião ou festa, por exemplo.

We can fix up a birthday party for Jim next month.

Is it possible to fix up a meeting for Next Friday?


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário